Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Monday, March 20, 2017

Project Check List

 The list is getting shorter.


 



I completed the green baby blanket.  I ran out of yarn at the end, but used some leftover white and pink to edge it.  I did not want to buy another skein to finish the edging.  I'm not really sure if I like the pink on it, but it's there now.




I'm still working away on this baby blanket. I might get it done in time for my oldest daughter. Ha ha!  It's not my first project to go to, considering it's not going to be for sale or gifted.  No hurry on it, but it would be nice to have it done.
 



This is still on the afghan crochet hook, however, I completed two pieces for one pot holder.

6 comments:

Rain said...

Hi Kristina :) I think the pink border looks nice for a baby blanket. It looks nice on the line with the wintry backdrop :)

RB said...

On my screen, the pink and white looks nice with that color, but I'll admit, on my screen, what you're calling green looks aqua too. Good work. It's always great to finish a project, to look back on it and see how beautiful it is, and will be, hopefully, for years to come.
I pray you'll be feeling healthy again soon.
God bless.
RB
<><

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Rain, thank you.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thanks RB, I was trying to be creative, but maybe an all white edging would have been better too. I am feeling a bit better, and continue to take it easy and drink up hot teas.

Sam I Am...... said...

I like the pink! I think it really sets off the blanket. Is that Tunisian Crochet when you use an afghan hook? It was and still is on my list to learn. Then you double the fabric of it to make a potholder so it's nice and thick? Great projects....I think I need to make a 'project list' of all mine but it might be scary! LOL!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Sam I Am, yes it is. My Aunt told me, when I was making some for the Farmer's Market, they would sell good. They did, but I'm a bit behind on getting more made.